Friday, February 26, 2010

Yamaha Super Tenere to cost..."Gulp!"....£13,500

Geez I banged my head when I fainted there!!

Ok, deep breaths, compose myself….

Yamaha has announced the ‘on-line orders only’ XT1200Z Super Tenere will cost £13,500 for UK buyers.  Wait don’t leave in disgust just yet!  A fully tricked out BMW GS 1200 is just over a £1000 less than that and it gives the bike a comparable spec to that of the ‘First Edition’ Super Tenere.  Now if, if, the Super Tenere outperforms the GS in road tests and shows itself to be the ultimate adventure bike, Yamaha might, might, justify this price point, as eye-watering as it is.

I should point out that the spate of ATM robberies here in Ireland isn’t me getting ready to make an on-line down payment for this bike! : )

[Via http://ridethewildwind.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment